Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boston Public Library? More like AWESOME.


I only just left the Public Library, and I’m sure I could spend more time there. I don’t know what I was expecting – I guess a library? But it could have been an art museum. As it turns out, the architecture for this place is phenomenal. I spent a good hour sitting in the main staircase, just trying to appreciate everything! There are murals, sculptures, and just plain beautiful architecture throughout the entire building. 

I had some issues prying myself from each room. It took me a very long time to take my eyes off of the vaulted ceilings in Bates Hall and then even longer to walk around and examine all of the white marble busts around the room. The Deliver Room’s murals really struck me, but also caused me to want to watch Monty Python’s version of the Quest for the Holy Grail. The Trustees Room didn’t hold my attention as long as the other rooms, but I did end up spending some time in the Sargent gallery. I didn’t actually read any books, but that’s my own fault – I got hungry. We’re currently headed down to Union Oyster House for some lunch. Rumor has it that it’s one of the best places for some New England Clam Chowder! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment