Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dollywood, see also the perfect park


Good evening, blogspot readers! Since we last spoke, I’ve visited Dollywood! I can tell you’re excited, so just try to contain yourselves.
Seriously, though, it went pretty well. We arrived at our campsite around 11 pm and promptly passed out. We made a sort of pact to try to stay awake as long as the drive is awake. Liz rarely succeeds at doing this, but the guys and I played videogames to stay awake. We managed to get to Dollywood for opening this time, which was pretty sweet. Naturally, we made a bee-line for Wild Eagle…and so did everybody else. We still managed to be one of the first trains of the day and wow, guys. WOW. This was my first B&M wingrider and I have to say I am very impressed. I rode on the outside towards the back. It was amazing. It had that B&M smoothness but the forces were just all over the place! That loop was the best of all. I felt weightless. We ran off and got back in line. This time it was about a twenty minute to get a ride in the second row. I liked the back better, but it was still a good ride.
 6. Tennessee Tornado, lurking in the woods!

From here, we decided that Tennessee Tornado would be our next best bet, since it is literally right next to Wild Eagle. I still can’t believe how smooth that Arrow is. There was no line, so we took a second ride, this one in the front, since our first was in the back. I think I prefer the whip of the back. The guys wanted to do Blazing Fury, but I sat it out. Instead, Liz and I checked out the eagle sanctuary. I love that Dollywood actually tries to have a conservation effort.
We decided to take the train ride next, which was a spectacular idea. It’s a real steam train, you guys. And the views it allows! I took about a million pictures. Maybe more. Maybe a gazillion. I’m getting more and more excited for my first national park tomorrow! Anyway, after the steam train, we decided to grab some lunch, which was delicious, as usual. And then, of course… Thunderhead! Oh man, was I ever excited to ride this bad boy again. No line, too! I rode the front, the back, second to front, the front again, the back again, second to back, and third to back. It’s hard to choose what was better, but I think I might have to go with the back.
By the point, the sun had come out full force (it had been cloudy all morning) and we were DYING. Ice cream time? Ice cream time. We meandered towards Mystery Mine but it was temporarily closed so we decided to head back towards Wild Eagle again and get a last ride on her. The ride was way more intense now that it had warmed up! It had been about a 30 minute wait for the back, so we decided to not ride it again and check on Mystery Mine. It opened as we were walking towards it, so we didn’t have to wait long. That ride still gives me a headache.
It was only about 5:00 pm but we were all pretty wiped already. Liz and I decided to leave and the guys ended up staying another hour. Plans for the rest of the night consist of swimming around in the pool at the campsite. Liz doesn’t feel too well, so I’m not sure if she’s actually going to go hiking at the Great Smoky Mountains tomorrow. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment